Thanks for the excellent support!

dpaterso

Thanks for the excellent support!

Post by dpaterso »

I feel it necessary to post this message.

I would really like to thank Antonio, James, and Enrico for all of their help and advice.

The support that I get from Antonio (FiveTech) and Patrick and Ron (xHarbour) is amazing and I would like to thank them for this.

Just try and get this level of support and quick response from any other company!!!

I started 'messing around' with FiveWin a couple of years ago and got very frustrated with certain 'little' things that did not work as anticipated and for the most part never managed to accomplish anything as I always, eventually, gave up and lost interest in what I was doing because of these 'little' things which admittedly were mostly cosmetic (James knows exactly what I am talking about and has chastised me on more than one occasion for this which, by the way James, I did appreciate).

But since I purchased xHarbour from Patrick and purchased a FTDN subscription from Antonio (and started using FWH) everything seems to have just gone from strength to strength and I am FINALLY getting down to finishing a system that I have needed to complete for a couple of years now. Everything works!!!

And I am not looking for a discount on my FTDN renewal (or a quick way to get my TWBROWSE WIN32 HEADERS) - I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS!

Regards,

Dale.

:)
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Post by Antonio Linares »

Dale,

You are welcome, but don't expect any disccounts :wink:
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
dpaterso

Post by dpaterso »

OK - I'll settle for the TWBROWSE WIN32 HEADERS :)
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Post by Antonio Linares »

Dale,

As we say here in Spain, "listened from the kitchen!" :)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
James Bott

Post by James Bott »

Dale,
...because of these 'little' things which admittedly were mostly cosmetic (James knows exactly what I am talking about and has chastised me on more than one occasion for this which, by the way James, I did appreciate).
Well, either you misunderstood me, or I have misunderstood you, but let me state clearly that I feel that cosmetic issues ARE important. They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but everyone does. If your application looks amateurish, then users will think it works the same way. Alternately, if it looks polished they will think it works that way too.

The first thing I am interested in when I look a new software is screenshots. I expect I am not alone in this.

Let me also say that I think cosmetics are part of the bigger issue of interface design which is of equal importance to the working logic behind the interface. I have seen lots of interfaces that were so poor that they rendered the software next to useless.

Unfortunately, interface design usually doesn't get enough attention in a project. This is often due to time and cost restraints, but it has the sad side effect of giving the programmers a bad reputation.

James
dpaterso

Post by dpaterso »

Don't sound so stern!

I DID appreciate what you were saying on those occasions and very much appreciate your help and input :)

Regards,

Dale.