Length of Cut / Copy and Paste using 0x4l Style in Dialog

dpaterso

Length of Cut / Copy and Paste using 0x4l Style in Dialog

Post by dpaterso »

Hello - I'm really on a roll here.

I just noticed something else very strange.

I have one dialog defined with the 0x4l style parameter and another dialog (just for a test) that does not include the 0x4l style parameter (in BRW 4.5).

Each dialog has two gets defined that are 30 characters wide.

The font of all of the controls is set to 'Tahoma' etc. etc.

On the dialog with the 0x4l style:

If you fill the first get with all 30 characters and then cut or copy and paste to the other get that has the same width only about two thirds of the original data that was cut or copied is pasted to the new field i.e. the pasted data is shorter than the original data that was cut or copied from the first get.

On the dialog without the 0x4l style:

If you fill the first get with all 30 characters and then cut or copy and paste to the other get that has the same width all of the original data that was cut or copied is pasted to the new field i.e. the pasted data is the same as the original data that was cut or copied from the first get.

It is the same whether you use shift delete or the mouse.

Why do I need to use the 0x4l style parameter: because by not including the 0x4l parameter my whole system appears too 'spaced out' and 'big' and lacks that 'refined' look!

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Dale.
dpaterso

Post by dpaterso »

Simple as that!

Thanks - it works!

Regards,

Dale.
AlexSchaft

Cut and paste

Post by AlexSchaft »

hi,

One thing I have noticed is that once you cut from a get, the variable is not padded afterwards, so if you cut everything you can't type in the get anymore.

Also pasting makes a variable longer, the variable size is not restricted.

I'll be chasing this down today, unless somebody else already has?
dpaterso

Post by dpaterso »

Hi Alex,

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about but I just tried to test for your problem and I get this:

Get contains e.g. '111122223333'

If you highlight all the 2's in the above example and then cut them and immediately start typing into that get again (without pasting the contents of the paste buffer to somehwere else) the first letter that you type is accepted and whatever is in the past buffer is immediately put back into the Get.

BUT this only happens when you use the mouse to cut i.e. if you use the keyboard to cut using Shift+Del or just Del everything is fine.

Other than that if I cut from a Get, even the whole Get, I can type into the Get again.

Regards,

Dale.
AlexSchaft

Cutting

Post by AlexSchaft »

Hi,

It happens with me if I highlight all the text in the get field, and press ctrl-x on the keyboard.

Right clicking and choosing cut from the menu seems to work properly.

I think the Ctrl-X is not getting caught properly. Windows cuts the text, and my app doesn't know.
dpaterso

Post by dpaterso »

Hello,

I tried Ctrl+X and it works for me i.e. I can highlight the text, press Ctrl+X (which removes the highlighted text) and then type something new. I can then past (using Ctrl+V) anywhere else I like no problem.

Regards,

Dale.
James Bott

Post by James Bott »

Dale and Alex,

Antonio just mentioned a couple of days ago that the Get classes in Harbour and xHarbour have a number of differences. Perhaps each of you is using a different compiler? Or a different version?

James