transfer data from-to a Pocket Pc

franz1964

transfer data from-to a Pocket Pc

Post by franz1964 »

There is a way to map a directory on a Pocket Pc from a desktop PC (or map a directory of the Desktop PC for use it from the Pocket) to transfer data without use Copy & Paste with ActiveSync ?
Thanks.
Franz
josevalle

Post by josevalle »

I use cecopy. I saw a reference in this news group days ago.
Jose Valle
Bilbao
Spain
Bill Simmeth

Post by Bill Simmeth »

When you install ActiveSync on the desktop computer, it creates a folder in your My Documents folder called "Pocket_PC My Documents". This folder automatically synchs with the My Documents folder on the Pocket PC. So, if you create a sub-folder for your app in one of these folders (either on the Pocket PC or desktop) the contents will be automatically synched when docked.
Bill Simmeth
Merchant Software Corp
Marshall, Virginia USA
josevalle

Post by josevalle »

There are two modes with ActiveSync, standar and guest. I always use guestand mode because standar mode is only for 2 pdas (I think?)
Jose Valle
Bilbao
Spain
Biel EA6DD

Post by Biel EA6DD »

I agree with Bill, i thing is the easy way, and is authomatic. About standard mode is only for 2 pdas, this is not true. I have more than 5 pdas. If I'm not wrong I belive one PDA can only have 2 desktop computers to sincronize, but no limitation on the other way.
Saludos desde Mallorca
Biel Maimó
http://bielsys.blogspot.com/
Raymond Fischbach

Post by Raymond Fischbach »

Hello,
I use a small program called "Card Export".
It resides on the pocket PC, nothing on the desktop.
When installed, it gives you the choice between Card Export or Active Synch.
If you choose Card Export, it will emulate a USB drive.
The limitation is that you can access only the SD Card or the Pocket PC file store directory.
This is not a problem to me as I put everything on the SD Card. It is much bigger and secure then the Pocket PC RAM.
The advantage is the speed ... far much faster then Active Synch and the simplicity to use it ... from your desktop, a simple copy will work.
Raymond Fischbach
www.mouches.org