Newbie questions on mod-harbour and mercury

mod_harbour is an Apache module that allows to run PRGs directly on the web !!!
dakosimo

Newbie questions on mod-harbour and mercury

Post by dakosimo »

I think that Mod-harbour with Mercury MVC gives us serious tool to develop web application using Harbour. I know there is also TWeb tool, but for now do not have time to learn it. Samples are also great source of konwledge on how to use Mod-harbour.
Up to these days I installed Mod-harbour on Apache24 and also Mercury, on my local 32-bit Windows machine. I am aware that primary platforms are Linux and 64-bit Windows, but as I can see it works on 32-bit Windows.
PDF manual for Mercury is great guide what to do and how to make web appliaction in disciplined way. I installed Go_n examples noted in PDF manual, and they work as expected.
As Mod-harbour and Mercury grows everyday, now I am thinking about these questins:
1-Can we count in future on these products in developing our web applications ? How is this serious, are there any web application in production on market ? On what servers are they hosted ? If ehere are many of them, please someone to describe a few of them.
2-Antonio introduced us Mod-harbour FastCGI. He explained us how to migrate to FastCGI. As I can see this is must road map. What I do not know will Mercury also work after I migrate to FastCGI ? Is Mercury also updated, as saome AP_ functions must be replaced with some MH_ functions ?
Mod-harbour and Mercury are free, but I think that it is fair to donate Antonio and Carles work, so please guide us how to do it.
Thanks and Best regards,
Dako.
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: Newbie questions on mod-harbour and mercury

Post by Antonio Linares »

Dako,

1. Yes. We are using mod_harbour for some large companies web developments. It is working really fine and stable.
Please review www.modharbour.org and www.xbhosts.com

2. Yes, Mercury will soon follow mod_harbour fastCGI path also.

If you are satisfied with mod_harbour please PayPal a small contribution to alinares@fivetechsoft.com

thank you
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com