User rights to a folder

driessen

User rights to a folder

Post by driessen »

Hello,

Is there a function in FWH that can return the rights a user has in a certain folder ?

Thanks.
Regards,

Michel D.
Genk (Belgium)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I use : FiveWin for (x)Harbour v. 21.01 - Harbour 3.2.0 (October 2020) - xHarbour Builder (January 2020) - Bcc7
R.F.

Post by R.F. »

Not with FiveWin, Funcky has a component to do that.
Saludos
R.F.
Rick Lipkin

Post by Rick Lipkin »

Rene

Question .. there was mention of a folder .. you mean a file folder on a server ??

I am looking for a library that I can find out 'who' has a specific file open on a Microsoft Server .. Novlib had such a program for Novell .. but we have changed to Windows 2003 server.

Also .. know any good Microsoft AD libraries .. interigating AD to find 'trustees' would be very userful to me as well!!

Thanks
Rick Lipkin
SC Dept of Health, USA
R.F.

Post by R.F. »

I haven't checked in deep, I'm actually in Colombia giving a training, but as far as I remember funcky has a Network Management component to handle all the stuff relative to users, shares, logins etc.

Gimme some time and I can check it out.
Saludos
R.F.
Rick Lipkin

Post by Rick Lipkin »

Rene

Thank you for checking into this .. my reason for asking is that we are a Helath Dept and there are HIPAA regulations that require us to keep records on who has access to what shares.

It would be wonderful if we could interogate Active Directory to give us that information rather than writing an external app to be filled in my network admins when shares are granted to individuals.

Rick Lipkin
SC Dept of Health, USA