Memory Leak?

reinaldocrespo

Memory Leak?

Post by reinaldocrespo »

Hi.

On a given app, after execution of a few Tprinter previews, all the preview window's controls (first page, next page, prev page, last page, print, exit, etc...) are lost. ie, not visible any more. They are still there and although invisible, you may click in the area where they were supposed to show up and they do their function. Even the ballons show up.

I'm thinking perhaps it is all due to memory leaks. The reason why I suspect this is because all bitmpas that normaly show as part of the printed text (such as the logo) are also gone as well. I first loose the preview window's background. Then the form's logo and any other bitmaps that are supposed to print. And finally, I loose the actual control's bitmaps.

If you exit the app and return it all works well again for a few more prints. Using a share version of FreeRam XP I was able to see available memory drop from 355k to 33k only after about 35 tprinter executions.

How can I find out (debug) what's happening here?

Thank you,

Reinaldo.
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Post by Antonio Linares »

Reinaldo,

Usually it is a resources leak that takes the app to such situation.

Could you aisle a small and self contained sample of the print that you are doing, to reproduce the error ? Thanks,
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com