11.10 & xBuilder

TimStone

11.10 & xBuilder

Post by TimStone »

I notice there are several threads about problems with FWH 11.10 and xBuilder ( plus some other builds ). The solution was supposedly to add a new send32.lib to our builds. I tried this and still had program shut downs when trying to modify a get within a folder. I know the problems exist in other areas also.

The recommended solution was to switch away from the Pelles C compiler. I appreciate this suggestion, and several months ago I worked very hard to move to Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 with FWH. Antonio's help was wonderful, and I "almost got it done". However, I had problems with trying to get my external programs ( CodeJock Calendar and others ) to work. Then Harbour 3.0 came out, and the problems increased. After that, illness and deaths in our family took me off project ... so I'm still using xBuilder.

I would appreciate having FWH support the xHarbour.com product for awhile longer. At this point I had to rollback to 11.09 which works fine. If we can get a few more months ( past this holiday season ) I will make a renewed effort to move to FWH + Harbour + MSVC 2010 as Antonio has suggested. I do believe that is a good direction for us.

I can work with 11.09 for now, but would like to have the new features still available. I would appreciate the fixes to this new Send issue in 11.10.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 19.06 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: 11.10 & xBuilder

Post by Antonio Linares »

Tim,

We posted several fixes for method GoNextCtrl() that was the one using SendKey() and where the bug was coming from.

I email you the most recent libs so you can try them :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
George

Post by George »

I would appreciate having FWH support the xHarbour.com product for awhile longer.
Antonio,
I agree 100% with Tim.

Regards,

George
TimStone

Post by TimStone »

I did download the file - twice - but the program still throws an error when trying to change a get value in a dialog on a folder page.

It is not exactly a simple edit. Once the value is changed, a function is called to perform a calculation:

Example:
REDEFINE GET oDlarTim VAR oDlar:labtim BITMAP "TFIND" PICTURE "999.99" ID 516 OF oFld:aDialogs[ 3 ] ;
VALID (oDlar := LaborCost( oDlar, aTECHS ), oDlarTot:refresh( ), oLabCst:refresh( ), .T. ) ;
ACTION ( LaborChart( oDlar, cOrdVeh ) ) MESSAGE aMsg[ 96 ] UPDATE

I am using BITMAP Gets, data objects ( tdata / tdatabase ), and Advantage ( Local and/or Client Server ) so this may create a complication. This works perfectly in 11.09.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 19.06 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

I totally agree, and I could work with the 11.09, I had to go back and solve my problems with the 10.10
And really, I have the water to the neck, my clients need solutions and I'm late with the development, and at this point I must give something functional, even without the new features of the FWH11.10
Once a day, look for solutions

best Regards
_ A. Martinez
http://www.multisofthn.com
Honduras, Centro America
xHarbour Enterprise 1.2.2, Fivewin 13.06
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Post by Antonio Linares »

Tim, _,

Just to double check that Method GoNextCtrl() may be the cause for these troubles, please copy that method from 11.09 into 11.10 and try you code again, thanks

Also, if you could provide an example to reproduce it, that would help very much, thanks
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com