Project manager

Colin Wisbey

Project manager

Post by Colin Wisbey »

I'm considering moving from xHB.com Builder to some other project builder. I've had quick looks ar UEStudio and xMate.

I would like to hear from anyone who switched from xHB.com Builder to another project builder. In particular,

- What did you end up choosing?
- What did you gain or lose in doing so?

(My environment is FWH, xHarbour, Borland compiler).

TIA
Colin Wisbey
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Post by Antonio Linares »

Colin,

If you want to, we can make a live session using "TeamViewer" so I show you in your own computer how to use the UEStudio IDE and project manager.

Once you see it working, I guess you will have no doubts about it... :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
hag

Post by hag »

antonio:

Why don't you record the session and post it so others can see how it works.

Hag
Thank you
Harvey
Patrick Mast

Re: Project manager

Post by Patrick Mast »

Colin Wisbey wrote:I'm considering moving from xHB.com Builder to some other project builder. I've had quick looks ar UEStudio and xMate.

I would like to hear from anyone who switched from xHB.com Builder to another project builder. In particular,

- What did you end up choosing?
- What did you gain or lose in doing so?

(My environment is FWH, xHarbour, Borland compiler).
Hey Colin,

I'm curious and want to learn. Why is it you want to swicth your project builder?

Patrick
Otto

Post by Otto »

Hello Colin,

I switched to UEStudio and I have to say it is a very productive IDE.
I recorded a video with my experience. Have a look on it as a first start.

Regards,
Otto

http://forums.fivetechsoft.com/viewtopi ... t=uestudio
George

Post by George »

Colin,
Your environment FWH, xHarbour, Borland compiler is also my environment during the last five years. I consider this is the best and friendly environment to develop xbase applications.
What is wrong for you?

Regards,

George
Colin Wisbey

Post by Colin Wisbey »

Antonio, Otto:

Thanks. Your endorsement of UEStudio is good enough for me. (No need for the private session, Antonio, but I appreciate your generous offer anyway). I'm considering switching over in a couple of months.
------------------

George:

No, I've very happy with FWH / xHarbour / Borland. All I was looking at was which project manager ("scripter") to use.

Cheers,
Col
Colin Wisbey

Post by Colin Wisbey »

Hi Patrick

I love the xHarbour.com Builder. My problem is that, due to official updates being released only once per year, I find myself either having to use betas of xHarbour instead of official xHarbour.com releases (or else not being able to update FWH etc except once a year). If I am having to use betas, then all I use from your company is the builder which thus stops being cost-effective compared to a "once-off" cost of, say, UEStudio.

I realise xHarbour.com offers other products but, because I use Borland, I'm not sure some of them can be used and I have no need for them to date. Should I need (and be able) to use any of those extra products in future, I may indeed renew my subscription with xHarbour.com at that time.

I have a couple of other disappointments but not for public. Please email me cwisbey@optusnet.com.au if you wish to discuss further.

Thanks for your interest.
Col