Editors

Marc Vanzegbroeck

Re: Editors

Post by Marc Vanzegbroeck »

avista wrote:Hi,

Which editor have a possibility to mark a block in more lines and copy, paste or cut ...

Best regards,
Multi-Edit
Regards,
Marc

FWH32+xHarbour | FWH64+Harbour | BCC | DBF | ADO+MySQL | ADO+MariaDB | ADO+SQLite
avista

Post by avista »

Multi-Edit
Wow ...text editor for 200$ ...

Regards,
James Bott

Post by James Bott »

Uwe,

I've been trying out PSPad and it mostly looks good although it has been difficult to switch from UEdit. Because I am so used to UEdit, it is hard to remember how to do things in PSPad (this, of course, it not a fault of PSPad).

Although PSPad has a PRG definition file, it is for Harbour. I had to create my own for FW but I have been unable to figure out how to configure it for Class syntax and this is a show stopper for me since I do almost everything using Class syntax. Uwe, have you been able to get Class syntax working? By this I mean getting it to work in the "Code Explorer" panel.

Another thing I miss from UEdit is that there are no user defined buttons on the toolbar. I used this a lot in UEdit.

Regards,
James
Jack

Post by Jack »

I use XEDIT from 10 years and i am very happy .
TimStone

Post by TimStone »

James,

Why not use Ultra Edit ?

I use UE Studio and find it works quite well. I have the most recent version, its quite affordable, and the user defined buttons help me with performing quick builds with different compilers.

I do need to clean up my initialization file for formatting, but otherwise, it works fine.

I keep up with Multi-Edit, but it has been years since they were able to put together an update. They acknowledge staff issues so who knows if they will ever release a more current update.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 19.06 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019