FWH 13.04 / xHarbour Commercial

toyet

Re: FWH 13.04 / xHarbour Commercial

Post by toyet »

thats why it seems to me that xharbour is not interested in 64 bits, same as it is not interested in OSes different from Windows, and this is unacceptable to me

good point here Antonio!

Toyet
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Post by Antonio Linares »

Thats what is seems to me, but I may be wrong. Maybe it is possible to build it for Android, iOS, OSX, WinCE, Windows Mobile, etc. but I don't know how

With Harbour I know it works because I have built it on all those OSes and works really fine :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
toyet

Post by toyet »

FWH13.04 / xHarbour Commercial 2009 works, at least for some samples.

Toyet
TimStone

Post by TimStone »

I have FWH 13.04 building with xHarbour Aug 2010, but 13.05 cannot be trusted with it yet.
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 19.06 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

Truth is relative.
100% of my clients use Windows.
I I have Ubuntu installed, and I use it in my spare time, even a utopia even for me. my country is in economic crisis and must ensure that pays off.
That way I produce what my customers demand, or there will be no money at home.
I have xHarbour Commercial with FWH 13.04 and like Mr. Stone will see that 1305 is not reliable, I hope the 13.06 is improved.
For example because the big draw for my commercial xHarbour is Visual xHarbour (Although I have not used), but SQLRDD, because I have applications working with MySQL and Interbase, without changing the code.
So with all due respect, the other operating systems that well who are there for someone else. :D
_ A. Martinez
http://www.multisofthn.com
Honduras, Centro America
xHarbour Enterprise 1.2.2, Fivewin 13.06
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

_,

What problems do you have with FWH 13.05 ?

We have fixed all the bugs that have been reported here regarding 13.05 and we have published the fixes on these forums
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
TimStone

Post by TimStone »

Antonio,

I really didn't have time to fully check the extent of problems with 13.05 and xHarbour. Instead I had to revert immediately because I received calls from my clients saying they were "completely down". You stated that we had to use the current version, and then mentioned you had tested it against the free version. As I pointed out in a post, there is not a "free" version for the xHarbour commercial version.

I do get notices when updates are available, but they only come out about once a year. For that reason I finally stopped paying for xHarbour.com and have tried ever since to totally stabilize the MSVC / Harbour / FWH builds. I still need to resolve the backward compatibility with ADS to make that possible ( to include ADS 7 & 8 ).

As for specifics, the complaints included the following:

1) If a dialog was open, and the operator left the computer alone for 8 or more minutes, the display locked up and could not be restarted. It was necessary to abort and restart the program.
2) Dialogs would suddenly "wash out", which means button bars would disappear, parts of the dialog would become non-responsive, etc.
3) Data would go missing.
4) I did not experience this on a single user setup, but the only thing all companies had in common that experienced problems was that they were running multi-user
5) The exact same source code built with FWH 13.04 had none of these problems.
6) The exact same source code built with FWH 13.05 and Harbour / MSVC did not have these problems.

Unfortunately, I could not ask companies to be "down" for a period of time to allow me to isolate all of the issues. If I tried that, they would all go elsewhere.

Tim
Tim Stone
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

I saw the post in the forum, and everything is more fear Antonio, to start applications give errors on the terminals of my clients.
My applications have been growing over the years, are very extensive, and take the time to check every option, every process, when I'm developing new features, I can simply not do.
And as you know the issue of perception is not good for products development.
The FWH13.04 the install, and go.
It was not so with the FWH13.05
Hope everything is back to normal with 13.06
_ A. Martinez
http://www.multisofthn.com
Honduras, Centro America
xHarbour Enterprise 1.2.2, Fivewin 13.06
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Tim,

Did you ever tested your FWH 13.05 and xhb.com app with the modified hb_parns() that I commented you ?

Your comments just spread fear about FWH 13.05. I have insisted again and again that the problem could be caused
by the wrong hb_parns() implementation that was modified later on, but you did not comment to this.

Rao and me, both have confirmed that FWH 13.05 is rock solid. All our apps are running fine, and the only difference is the hb_parns() that you may be using. So please, confirm if you have tested or not the hb_parns() suggested changes, thanks
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
TimStone

Post by TimStone »

Antonio,

Here is what you told me to do. It was in the #PRAGMA Begindump section at the beginning of the main .prg file.

#include <hbapi.h>

int hb_parns( int iParam, ... )
{
return ( int ) hb_parnl( iParam );
}

I do not want to be negative about 13.05. My point was that I am having success with 13.04 until I can resolve the issue with 13.05 and xHarbour.com.
Also, I do believe 13.05 is rock solid with Harbour and MSVC and hopefully we could all unite on that in the near future. My only problem is I have a group of "unserved" clients who are on ADS 7 or 8 and we haven't been able to get the backward compatibility yet. I want to point out to everyone that you have been very generous with your time looking at my RDDADS issue and helping with builds.

I have been, and will continue to be, a believer in FWH. Please don't read any of my posts as an attempt _ people. Others with other issues have pointed out they need to stay on an earlier version while they resolve their issues. We all remain supportive and loyal.

Thanks

Tim
Tim Stone
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Tim,

I gave you detailed instructions to change that code like this:

Code: Select all

#include <hbapi.h>

unsigned int hb_parns( int iParam, ... )
{
return ( unsigned int ) hb_parnl( iParam );
}
the above "unsigned" makes a huge difference. That why I kept insisting that you have not been following my instructions :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
James Bott

Post by James Bott »

Great news Antonio!

James
Enrico Maria Giordano

Post by Enrico Maria Giordano »

Tim,
TimStone wrote:1) If a dialog was open, and the operator left the computer alone for 8 or more minutes, the display locked up and could not be restarted. It was necessary to abort and restart the program.
2) Dialogs would suddenly "wash out", which means button bars would disappear, parts of the dialog would become non-responsive, etc.
It was a bug in TMsgItem that has been already fixed.

EMG
TimStone

Post by TimStone »

OK ...

I had the tMsgItem fix included
13.05 also had a fix to xBrowse which is included
I made the change that I just received from Antonio in this thread

Are there any other fixes I am missing ?

Tim
Tim Stone