help with xmate

reinaldocrespo

help with xmate

Post by reinaldocrespo »

Hi everyone;

Thanks to other fw users I'm finally using xmate to create my projects. I still prefer uestudio as an editor, but love the way xmate creates my apps. Too bad the project has been abandoned.

But there is still one thing I haven't been able to do. I need to execute an external app (call it x.exe) as part of my compilation script. Have no idea how to achieve this with xmate.

Can anyone help?

Reinaldo.
nageswaragunupudi

Re: help with xmate

Post by nageswaragunupudi »

XMate provides for execution of user commands, after successful linking. This command can be set for each environment, but not for each project separately.
In the Architechture Environment Dialog, select User Commands tab and enter the command to be executed.

This command is executed only after successful linking but not before.

Another probable way is the alter the linking command to execute our batch file which executes our command also in addtion to the linker command. I have not tested this, but this should be possible. Even this can be set for an environment as a whole for not for different projects separately.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
Silvio

Post by Silvio »

you must go to enviroment setup
and on six folder you can insert to a first field the x.exe
sample :

I use a compress exe to compress my exe

c:\work\bin\compress.bat %EXE%
Best Regards, Saludos

Falconi Silvio
reinaldocrespo

Post by reinaldocrespo »

Mr. R.

Thank you. That almost works. Actually, is good enough for now. Let me explain:

I intend to use it for versioning control. Just before compiling, I'd like to execute a small app that reads the svn version being used to build the application. The app reads the svn version from the repository-sandbox and creates a short include file that is included from the main app being compiled and used on the about() function that displays the version number among other information.

The xmate option to execute an external app, gets executed just after successful linking, thus it is a bit too late. However, I could execute the compile twice for versions that are intended to be distributed. Not perfect, but it would work.

Now that you see my intentions, if you have any other ideas, please do share them. Thank you.

Reinaldo.
nageswaragunupudi

Post by nageswaragunupudi »

I understand your requirement. XMate does not provide this directly. Your solution to execute xmate twice is a good solution for the present.

Hope you are taking care of this issue, that xmate does not force recompilation if only include files are modified.

Another solution that comes to my mind now is that we may change the compiler settings for Harbour. Instead of invoking harbour.exe, we can invoke our own program or batch file, which first does your job and then invokes harbour.exe. Also this should create the include file once the first time it is invoked.

Any other ideas are welcome.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
Silvio

Post by Silvio »

perhaps you can insert a command before the linker command

I try to insert a exe with parameter and it seems to run

Now I not Know how you want really

but before to link it run the command i insert it
Best Regards, Saludos